You’re an expert in telecommunication technology, and that means you’re always pushing the boundaries, from high speed interfaces such as 100GbE and PCI Express, to microwave and RF designs. What tools can help you get the job done? How can you keep up on the latest in communication technology while still bringing your product to market on time?
Overcoming Complex and High Speed Design Challenges
High speed communication devices are some of the most difficult to design. And if you’re creating mobile devices, that means you’re adding another layer of design complexity by shrinking boards to increasingly smaller sizes. High speed protocols like 100GbE, PCI Express, VPX, SONET and SDH all require intense planning and post-design analysis for speed, BER and signal integrity. How can you manage all of these characteristics while still providing the redundancy typically needed in communication devices?
Editing Tools That Help You Tackle the Latest Technology
Don’t get left behind in the world of communication technology
- Easily work with impedance control, differential pair routing, length tuning, power and ground planes, and other complex tools needed for high speed design.
Learn More about High Speed Design
- Quickly build redundancy into your designs with streamlined multi-channel creation and management.
Learn More about Multi-Channel Design
- Automate and synchronize complex FPGA pinouts on the fly using advanced pin swapping tools.
Learn More about Pin Swapping
Planning for Signal, Layout, Power and Thermal Management
Post-design analysis is almost as important as the planning stages before the design process starts. Communication devices can be expensive to fabricate, so saving even a single prototyping spin through post-design analysis can be a huge plus to your product’s budget and lifecycle. And this isn’t just a simple visual check either; this means analyzing your board’s mechanical form and fit, signal topology, power distribution and thermal regulation before going to prototype. What kinds of tools can you use to do thorough analysis?
Native 3D PCB Editing and MCAD Integration for Analysis
Analyze your design in all phases
- Native 3D PCB editing lets you perform comprehensive mechanical clearance checks, even for the most complex boards.
Learn More about Native 3D PCB Editing
- Dedicated layer stack management helps you plan and analyze your board’s material structure and properties.
Learn More about Layer Stack Management
- Integrate with MCAD tools for further comprehensive analysis.
Learn More about ECAD/MCAD Integration
Getting Your Product to Market on Time
Having the latest and greatest in communication devices doesn’t mean much if you can’t bring your product to market on time. And by the time you get there, you’re likely using outdated high speed interfaces and protocols anyways. If you’re pushing the boundaries of communication technology, it’s crucial that you ride the crest of that wave and don’t get left behind. How can you ensure that your design practices are streamlined and efficient?
Tools for Total Verification and High Productivity
Make sure your design functions correctly and gets to market on time
- Fully verify and release your design to the Altium Vault to ensure everything is accounted for and everyone has the same data.
Learn More about Design Release
- Attach real-time supplier links from the most popular vendors to every component, ensuring your supply chain is always accurate.
Learn More about Supplier Links
- Design Content provides hundreds of standard templates and reference designs for high speed interfaces.
Learn More about Design Content