Apply for this job now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Software Development Project Manager, La Jolla, CA USA, USA
The Software Development Project Manager plays a key role in leading multiple concurrent projects to completion and delivering high quality business solutions on time. The ideal candidate will be flexible and adjust a project management methodology to initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects, with a focus on the results, instead of the formality of the process. The Project Manager will work on small, medium and large projects and cover a wide range of solutions including, but not limited to, software development, application integration and process improvement.
1. In collaboration with VP of Engineering, balance and control R&D project pool, ensuring its reality, communicate tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation to R&D team.
2. Manage delivery of development (beta) and production releases for whole Altium Portfolio and assure quality assurance standards are met.
3. Oversee projects with third party contractors.
4. Build, maintain and evolve R&D processes.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Business/Economics or an Associate's degree and equivalent work experience.
2. At least 3 years of project management experience is required as well as proven experience managing software product implementations to successful completion.
3. Expertise in software development life cycle methodologies, including waterfall and agile environments, familiarity with project related documents such as project charters, project plans, requirements specifications, test plans and implementation plans, etc.
4. Drive project to be on time, on budget with the highest quality possible while keeping the team together.
5. Ability to formulate project plans using feedback from multiple stakeholders.
6. Ability to manage expectations and the communication of changes to critical path status.
7. Ability to follow and enforce a defined process while helping to identify process improvements.
8. A strong understanding of software development is desirable.
9. Familiar with the electronics industry is helpful.
10. Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
11. Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends.
If you have been selected for an interview, you will be contacted initially and directly by an Altium HR representative via email or phone. Altium conducts all interviews via phone, Skype, or in-person. We do not conduct interviews via email or online chat.